What do I do about a downed tree?

Questions about standing dead trees on the City right of way call the City Arborist at 740-592-3338.  The Department of Public Works will clear away dead or dying trees in the public right-of-way if they obstruct traffic or if they pose an immediate safety hazard to the public. Contact (740) 593-7636 and an inspector will come out to determine if the department can cut away the tree. Trees that are damaged or fall within private property must be cleared away by the resident at the resident’s expense.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do about a water / sewer line break?
2. How can I be notified about a boil order?
3. How do I get a sewer / water tap installed at my residence?
4. Where can I request a street closure or the movement of a dumpster?
5. My car was damaged by a pothole on a street maintained by the city. Can I receive compensation for the repair?
6. I am having concrete work done and am interested in curb by my residence that meets city code. Am I eligible for reimbursement?
7. I am moving in or out of Athens; how do I activate/deactivate my water?
8. How can I dispose of my yard waste?
9. Can I dump brush at the city annex?
10. What do I do about a downed tree?
11. Can I get loads of wood chips from the city?
12. There is a dead animal in a city roadway. What should I do?
13. There is a downed power line in the road way. What should I do?
14. How do I dispose of dead leaves in the fall?