Do I have to submit any other papers along with my application?
Many city jobs require a valid driver's license. You may need to submit a copy of this license. If the job announcement specifies education requirements, you must submit a copy of your high school diploma or GED certificate and possibly copies of your college transcripts and/or college degree. If special licenses are required, copies of these must also be submitted with your application. If claiming veteran's preference, you should submit a copy of Form DD-214. Occasionally, a supplemental application is also required and will be included with the other application materials.
When you are looking for a job it is always a good idea to have these documents available, since many employers require them.

Show All Answers

1. What if I am looking for a temporary or part-time job?
2. How do I apply for a city job?
3. How do I know when the city is accepting applications?
4. If I file an application, does this make me eligible for different examinations?
5. Do I have to submit any other papers along with my application?
6. How are the job specifications determined?
7. Are job requirements ever waived?
8. Who decides whether an applicant is accepted for an examination?
9. What is the best way to assure that my application will be accepted?
10. What are some of the reasons for rejection of my application?
11. If I have a police record, does that make me ineligible for employment with the City of Athens?
12. If my application is rejected, do I have any right of appeal?
13. If my application is rejected, does that mean that I can't apply for other civil service examinations?
14. What happens if my application is approved?
15. After I take the Civil Service Exam, am I eligible for federal, state, and county jobs?
16. What types of exams are given?
17. What happens after I take the examination?
18. So if I pass the exam, does that mean that I get a job?
19. If I am offered a city job, are there any other conditions that I must meet before I can begin work?